Life has been moving on as it tends to do whether you want it to or not. My goals are still the same, but the planning phase is becoming daunting. The thing that blows my mind is to what degree people are will to grant money to the type of project that I am devising. However, the requirements are a little intimidating. There are some specifics that I have not even considered yet, specifics that are really going to shoot this whole thing in the ass if I don't cover.
1. Location. My intention is to make this a permanent location. I don't think that I am looking to go from place to place, show to show. I need to find a facility that meets at least the very bare minimum of our needs. Otherwise, I need to find a location that can be renovated; and then I would need to conjure up the extra funds needed to do that.
2. Tax Exempt vs Not. I wasn't aware that you could be a non profit without said exemption. Research has effectively driven me in the direction of Tax Exemption, but I am freaking out a little over the paperwork.
3. Grant applications. SO MUCH WORK. Not bitching, as it is free money, but a lot of work. Ok, maybe I am bitching a little.
4. Mission Statement. Seriously, I haven't even covered that yet.
5. Supplemental funding. How much am I able to get without messing up tax status, etc.
Really, I am still at the conceptualization phase. But I think its time to move on from there. I need to get over the anxiety, the low self esteem. and the fear of failure. I must try. Failure is completely acceptable, so long as I try. I have spent my life regretting missed opportunities. I have to make my own opportunities now.
I don't know if this has to do with being 35 and not being where I want to be in life, being unemployed and not wanting to go back to being a corporate drone, or simply being tired of letting my aspirations falling by the wayside in favor of other people's dreams. Come to think of it, I think it's a combination of the three. All of those statements are completely and equally true.
I feel a little better now...