Friday, September 11, 2009

The little things that make me happy...

When I was a kid, I loved the Lone Ranger. I didn't love the lame 1981 movie, but I loved the Cartoon with the Lone Ranger and Zorro. I don't know why, but it was just something that really affected me as a child. Ever since then, I loved the finale of the William Tell Overture. As I grew older and gained an appreciation for music, I came to love the entire piece and Rossini in general.

Anyway, I have been cruising around the movie sites and watched a script review on Latino Review. In case you don't know, this website has turned into a definitive and fairly accurate source of info about upcoming films. Today they covered the Lone Ranger film that is coming out. They talked up the script, about how it will more closely follow the old radio stories and what have you. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Here's the weird thing, I have had the damn finale from the William Tell Overture in my head all week anyway, before I read or heard anything new on the Lone Ranger film.

Weird...but nifty.

No comments: