Friday, February 27, 2009

State of the Jim

I havent been posting a whole lot lately, as my mind has been focused elsewhere, but I thought I would give an update...

Life is generally good. Like everyone right now, my main source of stress is due to finances. It is a sad state of affairs when something as empty and meaningless as money can have such an impact on one's life, but alas, such is our society.

To help supplement my income and to get out of the house and do something I enjoy, I have joined a band. Unlike my last band experience, this is an established, locally gigging band who was looking for a new singer on Craigslist. I answered the ad, auditioned, and here I am. If any one has frequented any of the live music watering holes about the state, you may be familiar with them. They are called Hat Trick, and they have been playing around the state for a couple of years. They are a very solid band, and their set list is very silly. It promises to be alot of fun.
My first gig with them is Thursday, March 19th, 2009 at the Hardware City Cafe in my ole stomping grounds in New Britain. I'll have more info soon...

No comments: