Monday, July 07, 2008

Stop with the horns already!


Have you watched TV lately? I don't even mean MTV or any other music station, but just regular TV. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of people throwing up the horns who shouldn't be throwing up the horns?
From Miley Cyrus on the left here, to Paris Hilton to some Country Star bimbo I saw at the movies the other night, the horns have become something that they were never meant to be...mainstream. They don't even symbolize metal anymore. They are some weak attempt to show "how much you like to party." These people are throwing up horns at Toby Keith concerts, for chissakes! Toby Keith, I say!!!

I still think it's funny when people half ass the horns and throw up the "I love you" sign instead because they are afraid that the real horns will propagate the devil or something. You know that they are not throwing up "I love you". They are trying to throw up the posuer-horns.

I have decided to make it my personal mission to educate people on the use of the horns. I have decided to no longer use the horns in a frivolous manner, thrown them up here and there, all willy nilly. No, I will be responsible in my horn useage, and unleash them only when appropriate.


In case you are wondering...
Ronnie James Dio, father of the horns.


























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Dude. I've been fighting that battle for many years to no avail. I won't stop though. \m/

The Ringleader said...

Something formerly part of a subculture is now mainstream? That's never happened before, especially with rock n roll.

I'm Jon, just a guy. I try to smell good. said...

Howard The Duck OWNS the Horns BEE-YOCH!!!!

The WoolWytch said...

It is kinda insane how often people have been using them in the media...

Growing up in Arizona as a teen however, they were as prevalent as someone waving hello. Then again our teen dances had lots of Ozzy, Bob Segar, AC/DC and other groups that were non "Mod" or "New Wave"

Yes. I know I'm Ancient. Plbbbbbbbbt.